Banana butter is certainly out of the ordinary, but when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Any other fruit has been jammed, jellied, or turned into butter, so why not bananas?
This amazing banana butter takes just 10 minutes to make
As I sliced up my 2 pounds of bananas and pureed them with some Jaggery Powder, then put it all on the stove top to reduce down, I confess I had no idea what I was in for — but my nose soon told me it was going to be delicious. The banana puree easily thickens. It only took about 5 minutes to cook until there was a clean trail when I rubbed my spoon across the bottom of the pan. I added a pinch of cinnamon and a lot of vanilla Extract before filling a couple of small jam pots.
When the butter chills in the oven, it thickens even more.
How To Make Cinnamon Banana ButterCourse: Sides, BreakfastDifficulty: Beginner
4 Ripped Bananas
2 Tablespoon Lemon juice
2 Cups Jaggery Powder or Brown sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the bananas to the bowl of a food processor after peeling and breaking them up. Add the sugar and pulse several times before pureeing to a smooth consistency. You are not required to remove ALL of the lumps. The puree you make will be very thin.
- Add vanilla extract And Jaggery Powder to the mixture in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Make sure it doesn’t get too hot. Reduce the heat if needed. This should take no longer than 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and cinnamon Powder. Pour into a small jar, or jars, and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- There’s no need to wait for your bananas to turn black; I used yellow bananas and it was delicious.
- If you don’t like Vanilla Extract , leave it out.
- For a particular spice, substitute nutmeg or cardamom for the cinnamon.
- You can replace the Jaggery with honey to see how it turns out.
Read more : 5 Minute Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter